MobilityFirst and Android Application Development Workshop

July 12, 2014 marked the first week of a very interesting workshop instructed by Dr. Shweta Jain and Ms. Cuiyuan Wang. The workshop consists of two parts.

The first part focuses on the MobilityFirst project, which is ongoing research into the future of internet architecture. In other to understand the future of the internet we must first be knowledgeable of it’s past, therefore this is where we began. The evolution of the internet from 1962 to present is very fascinating. The internet has grown drastically over the year, and ongoing research into the internet’s future is proof that the internet has a lot more potential. This workshop focuses primarily on the MobilityFirst project, which is geared towards mobile platforms as the norm of the internet, however there are a few other future internet architecture projects which includes; named data networking, NEBULA, eXpressive Internet Architecture (XIA) and ChoiceNet.

The second part of the workshop focuses on Android Application Development. We were briefly introduced to Java programming language. We were unable to complete our first android application due to technical difficulties, however we are indeed off to a promising start.

I hoped that I have sparked an interest in you as I am bubbling with excitement to learn more. Be sure to look out for the next post.